What is SAP ERP?
SAP ERP is the world’s leading Enterprise Resource Planning software, developed in 1972 by the German company SAP AG. SAP ERP incorporates the key business functions of an organization. It is an enterprise-wide information system designed to coordinate all the resources, information and activities needed to complete business processes such as order fulfillment, billing, human resource management, informative reporting and analysis. SAP stands for “Systems, Applications and Products” in data processing. The latest version is (SAP ERP 6.0)
- It allows for easier global integration (barriers of currency exchange rates, language, and culture can be bridged automatically)
- Provides real-time information, reducing the possibility of redundancy errors
- User interface is completely customizable allowing end users to dictate the operational structure of the Software as needed.
- Operations Sales & Distribution (SD), Materials Management (MM)
- Production Planning (PP), Logistics Execution (LE)
- Quality Management (QM), Financial Accounting (FI)
- and Human Capital Management.
Who uses SAP Systems?
What is SAP MM?
SAP MM (Material Management) is one of the most important modules in SAP ERP software. The Material Management module supports the procurement and inventory functions occurring in day-to-day business operations.
This MM module contains many aspects such as purchasing, goods receiving, material storage, consumption-based planning and inventory management.
SAP MM is integrated with other SAP Modules such as Financial Accounting (FI), Sales and Distribution (SD), Quality Management (QM), Production Planning (PP) and Warehouse Management (WM).